Hello! my name is jack
Technology entrepreneur, startup cofounder and freelance software engineer with a strong focus on UX, platform architecture and mobile products. I specialise in Android development with over 7 years experience, from Cupcake to Nougat.
Sole Android developer on several award winning apps with 100,000’s of downloads.
Upshot is a photo sharing app for events and group nights out.
- Automatic detection of new photos and videos taken from any camera app
- Automatic background uploading of all photos and video taken from any camera app during preset event time
- Automatic time based activation and deactivation to capture "nights out"
- Auto content deletion after preset time (7 days)
- Likes, comments, stickers
As featured by
Togethera is a private social network for your family, partner & closest friends.
- Share photos, videos, emoji reactions and comments
- Share across multiple groups in a single tap
- Full offline support, even content creation (online sync when connectivity regained)
- Low-res and High-res uploads
- Premium membership with enhanced functionality
- Realtime in-app updates
- Featured by Apple and Google in over 100 countries
As featured by
Proximity meets contextual relevance
- The TapTo Proximity Platform helps businesses build engaging mobile experiences powered by proximity and contextual relevance.
- As the technical lead I was responsible the technical roadmaps and designed an architecture to meet product and business needs.
- Conducted development work across the entire stack:
- Back End Services: Consisted of several RESTful APIs built with Ruby on Rails and NodeJS/Express
- Mobile SDKs: Built for Android, iOS and Blackberry to wrap platform APIs, provide consistentUI templates and wrappers for our own APIs
- Web Front End: Management Dashboard and Analytics Platform built with AngularJS
- Databases: PostgreSQL as our main data store and MongoDB in a few places where relevant (such as Analytics)
- Infrastructure: Front end static sites stored in Amazon S3, back end services split across Heroku and AWS EC2 behind AWS ELB.
- Platforms, Tools & Languages Used
Instant WiFi access with a single NFC tap
- Lead from proof of concept stage through to MVP, trials, pivots and live rollouts.
- Defined technical roadmaps and designed solutions to meet business needs.
- Researched, evaluated and implemented suitable technologies and 3rd party services.
- Combined technical development with product design and business development.
- Developed across the whole stack.
Follow a live stream of photos by location throughout time or by current time across the globe
Mobile wallet for vouchers and loyalty cards, powered by NFC & QR
yell for bikes
Helping you find your nearest Boris Bike station
I usually prefer to work remote. I have spent a lot of time and money building an ideal working environment in my home office with all of the equipment I need to do my best work. I am always present on Slack, email and phone.
If remote is not possible, I live in London and will consider on-site work within London.
My usual weekly rate is £2500 (plus VAT if applicable).
I invoice every 2 weeks and all invoices are expected to be paid within 7 days. The first 2 weeks of a project are to be paid upfront as a deposit.
I'm afraid I am unable to accept projects with no fixed deadline or budget, and am unable to accept projects for equity.